Wednesday, July 8, 2009

...comes with great responsibility.

I am always responsible for something. The good, the bad and the undone. I do not complain, at least I try not to, despite the workload.

The origin of this sh*t is rooted in elementary(ele.) school. I call it sh*t cos it is gradually messing with my life and I wanna 'fess up. But I can't cos I put myself into it voluntarily and some madaf*ckers encouragingly tell me that I am on the track for greatness. Excuse me?

I was a Cub Scout chic in ele. school. It was all fun then cos I spent some many weekends at camp. Smh, the akela(scout staff head) made me the target person. I was usually the leader of my pack. Not bad bah.

Fast forward to high school, my principal always asked me the questions whenever something went wrong and the yeye teachers sent me on spy missions. Excusez-moi. Sometimes, I was one of the offenders and I never portrayed myself as a "goody-two-shoes".wtf? I had a life. This was the point in my life, when I learnt the importance of my somewhat different persona facades. I did my runs, yet, I was chosen for almost every outing/excursion. I don't even know I how I got my self on the exco board of up to 5 clubs and other snr student ish. I was not even jaspepe. One of my gra-gra buddies asked me if I was humble so as to gain this attn. I was even confused.

Oh college! God bless Yankee. I did not need to juggle both lives cos I am in a far-from-conservative environment. But this my internship is getting to me. Part of my job requires me to work with the President of my college on a few projects. His assistant got me on my toes this morning cos I spelt "Theatre" the British way in the description for the event's handbook. Why do I have to be responsible for every effing thing?

The most pending long-term project I have now is smh. I am the chair of my school's International Student Organisation. I have ideas rushing thru but I need to plan the logistics, which I don't like bothering myself with. My co-excos like my ideas but they are all in 4 different Asian countries, as I write. Thus, there is hardly a consensus, when I take steps, till September. Well, I am the first non-Asian to be the head. This is the point, when the "with power come great responsibility' comes to play. I want to re brand but I do not seek utopia.

One cannot satisfy everyone.

I don't know if people go through this cos I have never explained this to anyone before.

"A new position of responsibility will usually show a man to be a far stronger creature than was supposed." ~William James

11 comments:

Mz. Eniola said...

AWWWW!! so much work u have in front of u! btwn ur resume is pretty impressive my dear! loool..i have to get my game up oo! loool..ahn ahn! ure on a serious P der! hahaah! goody too shoes..sowey eh!...lool..i hated teachers liek dat...dey neva sent me on missions doe..lol...well i wasnt xctly d good girl in high school.lol...ud be fine!x
ND IM FIRSSSSSSSSSSSSST! :)

Mz. Eniola said...

PS: I LOVEEEEEEEE PAPpAraZi! LADY GAGa ROCKKKKKSS! u shud see my head bumping to it!x

chayomao said...

Paparazzi is my song!
i still can't believe i own Lady Gaga's CD...
that vid was hot! Dnt care what no one says...

So u r chair? Great minds=Great responsibilities... Pele, but if anyone can pull it off (with ease, or make it look effortless) it has got to be u......

Rene said...

what jaspepe?
I would hate myself if I was in you position...I hate too much responsibilities

Tinu said...

all this is for the better o!!!
ALL THe best with what u have to do!

P'sy-A-wana said...

wat do u mean na u spell theatre so na ur fault...but as ben parker told peter, wiv great power comes great responsibility, no one wants to know who f@#$ed up,u r in d spotlite so u take d fall...hope this makes u feel better

Anonymous said...

lol..have fun abeg..it will atleast help bring upp ur resume.lol

temmy tayo said...

lol. YOU MADE ME LAUGH! It is really good to be responsible, no knowledge is wasted oh.

Yinkuslolo said...

@MZeny: Gaga is the sh*t. my resume is well rewarded. me, i was far from a good girl sha

@chayoma: u own gaga's cd. thats serz, i dont own any cd actually

@rene; jaspepe is a yoruba (lagos) slang for forward/sharp/gragra girls.

@Tinu: thank you

@P'sy: yeah, it does. i no be superwoman nah

@leggy;mehn, i make time for my own fun oh

@temmytayo: it is good but mosttimes, a burden to be responsible

Miss Natural said...

woah! u do have a lot of work. But you seem and sound like you can handle it. I'm also impressed that nothing is being sacrificed to carry out ur responsibilities

Yinkuslolo said...

I try ms. natural, with God's grace I hope u're doing fine